Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July weekend project

We have been looking for furniture to fill our beautiful new house and have been shocked by the prices, especially since I seem to have expensive taste (although I really try not too). So after finding a dining room table that I like that was outrageously priced I thought..we could make that. So I found a plan and Tucker make a few tweaks and we made this our weekend project.


This pile of lumber will become our table.


This is the start of the frame.


We stopped here so I could paint the legs since they were going to be a different color than the top.


Now we get to put the top on.


Almost finished.


Sanding and staining. I still have layers of polly to put on but you can get an idea of what it's going to look like. Next project is a bench to match. Total amount for our custom table - $200.

No comments: